Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Friday, February 19, 2010
- “I love that the library staff are always so helpful and always now the easiest and best way to find all the sources I'm looking for.”
- “The ghosts, the midnight hot chocolate, the comfy couches, the quiet floors, the delicious smelling plants and pretty much everything else!"
- "Text the call number -so helpful!”
- “I LOVE the Reference Desk. I have already gone to librarians at the Reference Desk for so many things, and they have all been incredibly helpful in my research, using RefWorks and Write-n-Cite, and helping me with in-text citations. I am SO GLAD that the Reference Desk is here! Each of the people who work at the Desk have a lot to offer, and has been helpful to me! Thank you!”
- “I love the hours of Musselman library. No matter what time I need to come and have a quiet study space, it's almost always open and quiet.”
Monday, February 15, 2010
Musselman Library’s first Notes at Noon performance of the spring semester will be Monday, February 22, at 12:00 noon. Join us in the apse (main floor) to hear the Sunderman Conservatory of Music faculty woodwind quintet: Colleen Hartung, clarinet; Teresa Bowers, flute; Ed Stanley, oboe; Anna Clair Ballard-Ayoub, bassoon; and Kenneth Bell, French horn.
This concert is free and open to the public. Feel free to bring your lunch. Light refreshments will be available.
Friday, February 12, 2010
We appreciate your enthusiasm, intellectual curiosity, and creativity. We always enjoy seeing you in the library. We are grateful for the hard work of our library student assistants and interns.
What do you love about Musselman Library?
Stop by the library or fill out our online form to let us know what you love about the library.
Submit your comments by the evening of February 14 to be entered into a drawing for a pair of film tickets to the Historic Majestic Theater. Winners will be announced on the library website on Monday, February 15th.
Also, Valentine's goodies will be available in the library on Friday, February 12th (while supplies last).
Happy Valentine's Day!
Monday, February 08, 2010
The internship is intended for a recent college graduate (or one who will graduate this spring) interested in pursuing a career in information science, librarianship, or archives and records management. Previous interns have gone on to complete graduate degrees in library and information studies and are now working as information professionals.
The full job description and instructions for applying are available on the Musselman Library Web site at http://www.gettysburg.edu/library/information/general/internships/holley.dot.
If you would like to talk to the current Barbara Holley Intern about her experiences, feel free to contact Kate Boeree at 717.337.7029 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember, applications received by Friday, February 26, 2010 will receive the fullest consideration.
Pictured left: Barbara Holley and Kate Boeree.
Monday, February 01, 2010
Our first Notes at Noon performance of the spring semester is on Monday, February 22 (at noon). Bring your lunch and join us in the apse on the main floor. We’ll enjoy music by the Sunderman Conservatory of Music faculty woodwind quintet: Colleen Hartung, clarinet; Teresa Bowers, flute; Ed Stanley, oboe; Anna Clair Ballard-Ayoub, bassoon; and Kenneth Bell, French horn. Light refreshments will be available.